REHEARSAL/SAFETY POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
All groups rehearse at
Wyatt Park Christian Church, 2623 Mitchell Ave., St. Joseph, MO
PLEASE ENTER THROUGH THE WEST DOUBLE DOORS Bel Canto - Tuesday, 5:30-6:45 P.M., Sectional Rehearsals as needed. Lyric Singers - Tuesday, 5:30-7:00 P.M., Sectional Rehearsals 7:00-7:30 P.M.
* Please drop off and pick up your singer promptly, There is NO supervision provided before or after class.
* In order to develop independence and encourage undivided attention, parents and siblings are not permitted to attend rehearsals. Rehearsal visitors are welcome to wait outside the rehearsal area.
* We will use the St. Joseph Public Schools holiday and snow day schedule as a guideline, but will make a final determination on cancellations based on early afternoon road conditions. If you are unsure of rehearsal cancellations, check the home page of this website for ALERTS, check for an email update, or check for cancellation information on KQ2 and local radio stations.
The following procedures are enforced for the singers' safety, for ensuring orderly rehearsals, to encourage respect and coutesy for one another, and to achieve
discipline and professionalism.
1. Arrive no more than 10 minutes before rehearsal time, sign the attendance
check-in sheet, and report promptly to your choir room. Using the restroom, and getting drinks of water should take place before reporting to your assigned seat. Singers do not leave the rehearsal room after signing in unless there is an emergency and special permission has been granted. No one will be dismissed from the room during rehearsal without permission from the director.
2. Have paperwork, payments, permission slips, etc... ready to turn in when
requested by your director.
3. Do not roam about the building at any time. Singers are only permitted in
4. Do not bring food or drink into the rehearsal area. Non-spill, non-breakable bottles filled with WATER are allowed and encouraged.
5. Running, yelling, or rowdy behavior is not permitted in the building or on the grounds at any time.
6. Members are responsible for taking home any handouts distributed at rehearsals. Most communication will take place by email.
7. Singers whose performance does not meet expectations will be asked to withdraw after the completion of the semester.
8. At all times, show respect for each other, parent volunteers, assistants, staff, and facilities. Pay attention to the director at all times. Do not behave in a manner which is disruptive to the rehearsal or distracting to singers, directors, or accompanists, or
which prohibits a positive and successful rehearsal. Disruptive behavior will result
in the following:
* First offense- verbal warning.
* Second offense- removal from rehearsal. Removal from rehearsal is counted as an unexcused absence. The second removal will require a meeting with the singer, parents, and director.
* Third offense- Singer is denied attendance to rehearsals (duration to be determined by the director) and may result in permanent removal from the choir.
SJYC is concerned about the safety of our young singers.
1. Drive up directly in front of the stairs leading to the double-door entrance on the west side of the building. Do not park in front of the steps. Stop there briefly to drop off your singer.Then exit the parking lot, or park in a designated parking space.
2. If you have concerns about your singer finding their rehearsal area, please park
and accompany them into the building.